- 2 cups carrots, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
Heat the onions and coriander in olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add in the carrots, celery, and potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the champagne and stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Puree the soup, either in the pot with an immersion blender, or by transferring to a blender and then returning to the stove. Season with salt and pepper and serve.