- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 large can, crushed tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 10 ounces tomato puree
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Chili powder
Brown the beef in a large pot, add in the onion, pepper, and celery. Saute until lightly browned. Mix in the tomatoes, beans, garlic, puree, and bourbon.
Season to taste with chili powder (2-3 tablespoons), salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for about an hour (or as long as you can hold out, really).