- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
In a medium saucepan saute the onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft, stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for another few minutes. Add in the juice and simmer until almost all of the liquid is gone, stirring regularly.
Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Stir in the butter, couscous, then remove cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for about 15 minutes.
Afterwards stir in the almonds and fresh herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.