- 1/2 pound asparagus, washed, ends trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Prepared pie crust
Preheat oven to 375.
Press pie crust into pie plate or tin and set aside. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and onion in a tablespoon of olive oil for about 5 minutes, until asparagus is tender. Add to pie crust and top with goat cheese and peppers. In a large bowl mix together the half and half, eggs, and a good pinch each of salt and pepper. Pour into the crust and top with the cheese.
Bake on lowest rack for 35-45 minutes until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
(Recipe adapted from: https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/asparagus-and-goat-cheese-quiche/724bf2ba-b9e0-4976-8d94-767981246a4a)