- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt and ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
In a large bowl beat the eggs then mix in the buttermilk, butter, and vanilla. Then add in the remaining ingredients, except for the raisins. Stir to combine, but do not overmix. Fold in the raisins.
Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat and drop batter (2-3 tablespoons at a time) into heated oil or cooking spray. Cook until golden brown on each side and cooked through.
(Recipe adapted from: http://joythebaker.com/2009/04/oatmeal-cookie-pancakes/)