- 1 cup pumpkin puree (see our video here)
- 1/3 cup diced apple
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/8 teaspoon ground fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 12 count muffin pans, prepared with non-stick spray or paper liners
Preheat oven to 400.
In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Mix well.
In a medium bowl combine the eggs, vanilla, butter, buttermilk, pumpkin, and brown sugar. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just moist, do not over mix, then gently fold in the diced apple.
Divide the batter evenly into your prepared muffin pans and bake for about 30 minutes, until the muffins gently spring back when pressed. Turn out onto cooling racks and let cool completely.