- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces firm tofu, pressed for 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
Stir together the tahini, water, soy sauce, vinegar, and honey. Set aside.
Heat a large skilled over medium high heat at add in 1 tablespoon of the oil of your choice. Add in the chickpeas and cook for about two minutes, followed by the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir in the onions, peppers, and tofu, and continue to cook until tofu is golden. Top with the sauce and cook for another minute or so. Serve over rice or noodles.
(Recipe adapted from: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-tofu-chickpea-stir-fry-with-tahini-sauce-recipes-from-the-kitchn-204205)