- 1 pound parsnips
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- One handful of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 275. Peel the carrots and parsnips and cut to equal lengths. Place in the bottom of a large pot or dutch oven. Top with the shallots, olive oil, orange zest, thyme, half of the orange juice, followed by a healthy pinch of salt and pepper.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover, and place in oven for about 90 minutes, or until carrots and parsnips are tender. Season to taste and serve.