- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Dried oregano
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound linquini, or other pasta
- Olive oil
Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta to al dente. Meanwhile, in a large non stick pan, saute the garlic in oil until lightly golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the shrimp to the pan, and more oil if necessary, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the shrimp begin to turn opaque.
Mix in the wine, olives, lemon zest, and a few healthy pinches of oregano. Cook for a few minutes, until some of the alcohol has evaporated.
Add in the cooked pasta with about 1/4 cup of the starchy water from the pot, as well as the lemon juice. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the feta and parsley. Serve.