- 6 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- olive oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounces butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
Preheat oven to 350.
In a heavy skillet brown the chicken in oil over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside. Add the carrot, onion, and garlic to the pan and saute about 10 minutes. Stir in the beans, sauce, wine, and spices. Mix well. Add in the sausage and cook a few minutes longer until the beans and sausage are heated through.
Transfer vegetables to a 2-quart casserole and arrange chicken on top. Bake uncovered until the chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.