- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 425.
Cut two 6-inch circles out of each sheet of puff pastry, set aside in the refrigerator. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over low heat for about 15 minutes. Add in the wine and cook for another 10 minutes or until all the liquid is evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
Top each of the 4 tarts with even portions of the onion mixture, sliced tomato, goat cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Finally, top each tart with chopped basil and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.